7th Jul 2017 10:07:PM State
Eastern Sentinel Arunachal News

 IAF chopper crash

YUPIA, Jul 7: Mortal remains of two IAF personnel have been air lifted from the crash site to Naharlagun helipad today and flown onwards to the IAF Tezpur base. However, the body of the 1st IRBN personnel could not be lifted due to inclement weather. Search operation for the last missing IAF personnel is still going on. 

However, in a late development, one of the two bodies airlifted to Tezpur turned out to be the deceased IRBn personnel and the IAF is sending it back to Itanagar by road and will be handed over to relatives after post-mortem examination on Saturday.

Meanwhile, rescue team comprising 6 Deputy Superintendent of Police probationers, 2 Sub-Inspector and 33 constable of Special Task Force from PTC Banderdewa, 2 IAF Garros Commander and seven local guides left the Yupia headquarters for the crash site of the IAF helicopter at around 3.30 pm.

Earlier, in the morning a coordination meeting was conducted today at office chamber of SP Papum Pare with GBs of Tigdo, Yupia, Nyorch and Borum. Deputy Commissioner In-charge, M. Taipodia, EAC Naharlagun H. Karga, DySP Nyelam Nega, IAF personnel, Army, NDRF and Police personnel, GBs attended the meeting where rescue plans were discussed minutely. 

DMO Dr. Tasso Kampu and her medical team also arranged first medical aid for the retrieving teams who returned from the crash site at SP office, Yupia. 
Army, NDRF, IAF personnel and Magistrate are camping at the crash site and local porters have been arranged by the district administration to lift food items to the team.

Kenter Joya Riba

(Managing Editor)
      She is a graduate in Science with post graduation in Sociology from University of Pune. She has been in the media industry for nearly a decade. Before turning to print business, she has been associated with radio and television.
Email: kenterjoyaz@easternsentinel.in / editoreasternsentinel@gmail.com
Phone: 0360-2212313

<< Back to News List